Sunday, December 6, 2009

Light on, Light Off

That's the game Gavin and I have been playing for a few days. A couple weeks ago, Gavin discovered how to climb up on his toy box to flip the lightswitch on and off. The latest version, involves me holding him on my hip as he turns partway around to flip the switch on and then off. We've changed the location several times, this morning was in his bedroom, this afternoon was in the bathroom. The other day I set up a chair in the kitchen so he could turn the light on and off while I was washing the dishes just a few feet away. That seemed to be a pretty good set up, where he could see me, and I could get to him right away if he needed help. Yesterday, Terry made a huge mistake, and gave Gavin the (removable) lightswitch for the lights in the basement that he has set up to a remote light switch. I didn't think Gavin was EVER going to put that switch down! Kind of annoying having him turn the lights on and off that many times in a row, but he gets so much joy from simple actions like that, that I can't deny him doing something so fun!
This is my first blog (well, we had the caringbridge site when Gavin was in the hospital, but I figured since he hasn't been in the hospital for 20 months now, we should post on a different site.) I have a lot of stuff I want to go back and add, but I've been advised that the best thing is to start with current things, and THEN go back. So I'll try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment