Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Early Intervention Observation

So, the Early Intervention Educator came today, to observe Gavin playing and listen to what sounds/words he made. I think she was happy with what she saw, because she even commented about how he was making a lot more sounds than he was even last week when they were here. I told her we'd noticed the same thing, and proceeded to tell her the 2 word phrases he has said before. She watched him pet Jasmine, play with his ball pit, throw a ball, climb up on his toy box to turn the light switch on and off, put his arms out to me while saying "mama", sit and read a book with me, stick his tongue in and out (taking turns with me doing it also), and he played peekaboo with her. She wasn't happy that he was running on his tip toes, but I told her that I had seen him run flat footed sometimes, but yes, he did prefer most of the time to run on his tip toes. Not sure if he does it often enough so that she'll be concerned about that or not. Guess I'll find out when they come back next week to give me the results of their testing. But other than the tippy toes thing, I THINK she was quite pleased with what she saw. Hoorah! It's about time! YAY for Gavin doing so well and showing off to the Early Intervention (E.I.) lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment