Today, I was working with Gavin on learning the why/because type of question and answer. I gave him simple examples, so hope he figured it out. We also read the short version of "Pinocchio" that he took out from the library. He really seemed to like the name "Gepetto" since he repeated it multiple times. I think he got the idea of what a lie is, because I gave him simple examples of that also. We talked to Nate earlier, and he said he and Jenn used to tell Ari that when you lie, a red dot shows on your forehead that your mom and dad can see. He said she used to cover her forehead with her hand for several years when she lied. That must have been pretty obvious! Sounds like a good idea to use with kids! Although, Gavin's not really lying at this stage yet. He did once, but hasn't gotten really into it yet.
The Opthamologist called today, and said he should see Gavin every couple of months, to keep track of how much his eyes are crossing and if they're getting better. (We noticed it in October, but once he started wearing glasses, they didn't cross quite as much. He's been wearing glasses and these little pieces of tape stuff on the inside of them, called intra-nasals, I think, for months, and his eyes have gotten better.) He had an MRI a few weeks ago just to make sure he didn't have a tumor or anything, and that was fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment